The global telecom market is evolving with rapid advances. To fight the competition and keep up with the latest trends in the field, companies should remain up to date with the latest technological developments.
The recent developments in the telecom market have given birth to a number of challenges that telecom providers have to deal with. One of the challenges has to do with the growing mobile traffic levels. The number of smartphones being sold is rising rapidly, thus making it difficult for companies to keep their networks run seamlessly.
One of the recent developments that has brought its huge impact on the telecom sector is associated with the rise of instant text messaging apps. Consumers across the globe are more and more often using mobile messaging apps like Pinngle. All these services have brought a real revolution in the communications industry in the recent years.
Instant Text Messaging Is on the Rise
Mobiles messaging apps have turned into a powerful tool that people use to stay in touch all over the world. People have adopted this type of communication technology like nothing else before. The ability to instantly communicate with each other is growing fast and making communication more and more efficient. 75% of internet users all over the world have accessed mobile messaging services.
Here are some interesting statistics concerning mobile messaging apps:
- More than 135 text messages are sent each month, which means nearly 4.5 billion messages per day, and more than 3 million messages per minute.
- In 2012, 14.7 trillion mobile messages were sent. The number is projected to reach 28.2 trillion.
- The open rate of mobile messages is 98% as compared to 22% for email.
- Mobile messaging apps have a retention rate of more than 60% within the 1st year of usage.
- 75% of total mobile messaging is completed using instant messaging apps, and only 25% is completed using SMS or MMS.
- 50.8% of American households are wireless-only homes.
- According to comScore’s 2017 Cross Platform Future in Focus report, the average American adult (18+) spends 2 hours, 51 minutes on his/her smartphone each day.
To fight the fierce competition in the market, messaging app companies are trying to introduce services that would offer all the important features for mobile calling and messaging. One of the best instant text messaging apps on the today’s market, Pinngle, is developed to offer all you expect from a perfect messaging app:
- Low Data Usage
- Cheap or Free Services
- Safety and Security
- Privacy Protection
- Ability to Work with a Slow Internet Connection
- Ability to Send Files Without Any Limit
Pinngle uses 8 Kb for 1 second during a voice call. Data usage of 1 message depends on the message length and network header. It is 120 B plus the message size. In the new version of Pinngle, the message data spending will be even lower.
Undoubtedly, the age of SMS is coming to its end. Increasingly, instant text messaging is becoming consumers’ favorite form of communication. The growing popularity of instant text messaging implies that the future is going to be lucrative, and it’s vital for telecommunications companies to be able to adapt as the industry goes on further developing.