A cloud server hosting provider provides computing resources on different cloud service models – Platform as a Service, Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service to large enterprises, SMBs and individuals depending on their business requirements. Most organizations look for a reliable and best cloud service provider who can guarantee them multiple advantages of cloud.
Cloud gives you the ability to scale and expand your services without having to implement new hardware and software in-house. For e.g., now you can host your mails on the cloud through cloud based email services.
Cloud also minimizes capacity issues by allowing enterprises to scale as per their requirements. With cloud, you can store your data anywhere and can share it with whom you want, while protecting it from the potential threats and disasters with a solid backup plan.
So, choose wisely the best cloud hosting provider who can provide you with zero worries and upgraded IT infrastructure that eliminates the need for an in-house IT staff and any maintenance.
7 things to look for before saying yes to your cloud provider:
- Reliability: First of all, you need to make sure that you are dealing with a provider who is reliable. Choose a company that has been in the cloud business for long, as most of the new enterprises care less about the customer service and support, that’s why, choose a company that has a good track record.
- Uptime: The other factor you should consider is uptime. If your server goes down, you will face great loss in terms of revenue and traffic. So take care that your provider is able to provide 99.9% uptime.
- Cost: It is an important concern as many providers first provide cloud services in low costs but after completion of first year, they increase the annual costs suddenly. You should negotiate for a long term guarantee with them so that they don’t increase the prices when their contract runs out.
- Ease of migration: If you are using any product of Microsoft like Office 365, then it would be beneficial for you to migrate from any other cloud service provider to Microsoft Azure, so that you need to deal with only one vendor or Microsoft cloud service provider. This also helps you to save money as you don’t have to deal with multiple vendors. And if there is a need to switch to a new cloud provider, be familiar with their services, terminology and process to migrate existing operations so that no hurdle comes in the way.
- Control Panel: One more thing that you should consider in the chosen best cloud service provider is that it should be able to offer you a required control panel to manage your resources such as usage statistics, email addresses and all your hosting account related technical, billing and support stuff.
- Security: Security is the main concern which you should look for when you’re choosing your cloud provider. When data is transferred from a computer to the cloud, and back again, make sure that they offer, at the very minimum – 128-bit encryption. It would be great if they can offer 256-bit encryption.
- Cloud hosting models: There are different types of cloud computing models for accessing data and applications over the internet -public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud. It’s up to you to choose the cloud model as per your needs.
In public cloud computing, the cloud provider provides its own resources, applications storage to the customers via internet. In private cloud hosting, providers provide a secure cloud environment with dedicated storage and hardware resources which are not shared with others. It provides better performance as compared to the public cloud. Whereas, hybrid cloud is the combination of private and public with their best features.
Few more things that need your attention:
Once you agree upon the level of security options given by the provider, it’s time to take a deep dive into their services and features and find the one that perfectly fulfill your needs. So, ask the following questions to know if they are able to cover all the issues that are important to you or not.
- Do they provide trial versions so that you will be able to judge them for what you are looking for?
- Do they provide customer support 24X7X365?
- Ask them about their refund policy.
- Is there flexible scale up possibilities?
- Are they capable of managing workloads to minimize response time, optimize resource use, and avoid overload of any single resource?
Cloud hosting is important for your digital business operations. There are many cloud hosting providers in India who provide an affordable and reliable platform to serve your business. So, evaluate and move to cloud to save money and make use of the latest IT technology.
Feel free to drop your comments in the section below.