In today’s internet obsessed world, a business- small or large cannot ignore the importance of maintaining an effective social media presence. It is a well understandable fact operating a business needs focus on so many things and social media marketing often gets ignored.
According to a recent survey conducted by Aimia- “56% of consumers said they followed brands on social media to browse products for sale, and 31% of online shoppers say they’re using social media specifically to look for new items to purchase.”
Marketing, in this social media dominated world relies on technology, but that technology remains focused on people, because without it, the whole idea is of no use, say expert social media marketing companies in NYC. The present time demands you to reach and engage audience in a more personal level. You need to enter the market with a strategized game plan because social media will help grow business, generate leads and build a brand image.
Here are seven ingenious social media marketing tips that will help you curate and maintain a worthy online presence-
- Strategize a unique game plan for each channel– They say ‘if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.’ And, it sounds pretty true in this case too! So, don’t make a mistake of blindly jumping into social media marketing without a strategy or plan. Develop a unique social media plan for each platform- separate for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc. A trusted digital marketing company in New York believes your social media existence will only matter if you are able to answer these questions- ‘Why are you on social media?’, ‘what kind of social media platforms feature your target audience?’, etc. These are some of the very important questions before you plan to jump into social media advertising.
- Consistency in posts– One of the most effective step of your social media marketing campaign- you need to post consistently. The fast platforms such as Facebook and Snapchat would require two to three posts a day while Instagram and Snapchat will not need posting that frequently. Here are the three important keys of your social media posts-
- Content type you plan to publish
- How often you plan to publish on each social media channel
- Reaching out influencers via social media
And, it is always important to remember your followers are already following several other alike businesses, so you need to come up with unique and engaging posts that captures their mind and induces an action.
- Be picky while posting– Quality over quantity is the simple mantra when it comes to making posts on social media. Yes, you need to publish content on a regular basis but it also has to be valuable. Quality content traits include-
- Informative and engaging
- Motivational posts, helpful tips
Professional copywriting services in NYC suggest you to focus on quality over quantity. It’s your brand’s reputation at stake, so you will need to be very careful on what you share online.
- Post more images– According to a 2014 study by eMarketer, ‘Photo posts get shared more than 20x as often as text and link (and even video) posts at Facebook.’ Another great example are the social media sites like Instagram and Pinterest which are primarily driven by images. There are tools like Canva and Landscape that allow you to create perfectly-sized images which will fit different social media channels. Social media marketing companies in NYC emphasize on posting quality real life pictures that will engage and drive customers to your brand.
- Ads help, when posted correctly– Studies reveal advertising can give a boost your post reach. It has been observed that only about 3 percent of your fans will see an update on Facebook. So if you want to increase the chances of success on social media, digital marketing company in New York recommends experimenting with ads which involves posting relevant ads and analyze their performance which will help you reach your objectives.
- Make use of SMM tool– Using native publishing platforms for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn etc. will not yield any results and just waste time. Integrating the use of SMM tools like Sprout Social will help you schedule posts in advance, publish content across multiple platforms, collaborate with team etc. Also, using a SMM tool allows you to see all your social media feeds from a single dashboard instead of logging into five different sites which is quite helpful when you need to manage your business account.
- #Hashtag– Learning the do’s and don’ts of using hashtags is vital when it comes to posting on social media. You must have seen the use of hashtag in social media posts these days, especially in tweets and Instagram comments. But it doesn’t mean that every word should have a hashtag, you need to thoroughly understand the fundamentals of using hashtag. Usually, hashtags follow trending words- the words which are popular. Also, you can combine two to three words and use a hashtag.
In this internet world, where people are more into connecting virtually than in reality, social media advertising is vital for a business’ success. It is an opportunity that a business should take advantage of no matter what. Investing in social media marketing should be an integral part of your marketing campaign, according to expert social media marketing companies NYC. A business needs to maintain an active social media presence that help market the brand efficiently, engages customers and connects with them at a personal level. It will help a business learn more about customer needs which will help them improve services.
However, according to an experienced digital marketing company in New York, knowing how to use social media effectively is important before you plan to invest in a marketing campaign. Integrating the above mentioned SMM marketing tips in your advertising campaign will help you build an engaged audience and establishing your brand’s presence across all your social channels. Some of the big brands have incorporated these tactics in their marketing campaign and they have been successful and each tip could work well for you too.
You might also like: 4 Brilliant Tips to Become a Successful Copywriter